FIVE DO-ABLES TO CHANGE YOUR WEEK written by Sylvia Marina
This week has been a heart touching time. People I barely know and people I have never met before pouring out their story of loneliness and feelings of helplessness!
I listened. I realised people are looking outside their self for inspiration. I’m glad I was there.
Many are barren when it comes to in-spir-ation. This is why so many drift into feelings of helplessness.
Helplessness, is a learned behaviour. Helpless people self doubt, they feel powerless and ineffective. If this is an aspect of your life or someone you know, it is time to step into your own shoes, or on the case of another, their own shoes.
Too often we look outside our self for inspiration! We watch movies, read books, chant affirmations, friends if affirmations are rightly worded, rightly timed and in the right energy, we only ever need whisper them once to our absolute innermost. You don’t need to keep chanting or repeating a phrase, to spirit energy, it must sound as though you are whining, or whinging or doubting your own request. Spirit energy is not deaf! Perhaps we say things over and over again because we are deaf to our own expectation and worthiness to receive?
And what happens when there are no movies, no books available, things to inspire are not within our arms reach? The only one that is with us is our own self! Social media has brought the world closer, given us faces to friend 24 hours a day, and even there I hear the desolate cry and respond with deep gratitude that I and many of you my friends are there for that one moment, that one person.
Inspiration begins with you. The word is an active, doing word ...in-spire!
FIVE DO-ABLES TO CHANGE YOUR WEEK
- Get rid of useless things. Go through your home, throw away everything you don’t use or need anymore...it may take more than a week but at least get started today. This will make space for better things to come. As you clear the clutter it will also affect your mind.
You will feel more peaceful, creative and will be inspired to do more.
- Finish what you started. Do not start another pile, another task or project – until you have finished what you started. This discipline will boost your confidence.
- Clear your mind. View the mind as you do a museum. A good place to visit but unless well tended can get disorganised, cluttered and dusty. Only keep that which increases in value.Memories that inspire have value.
- Take a few minutes every day to find the quiet place within. Breathe and relax. Imagine relaxation as an energy, flowing from the top of the head – with your eyes closed focus on relaxing your face, throat, shoulders... slowly all the way down to the tips of your fingers and the ends of your toes. This one discipline practiced every day will clear the mind, refresh the body and inspire your soul to take care of the ‘most important’ ... YOU!
- Smile often! Look for reasons to smile. A smile is a little curve that sets a lot of things straight! Smile before leaving the mirror!
© Sylvia Marina ND., Expert In Human Behaviour. Evolving Your Future
Tel: +618 (08) 9457 3763 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.sylviamarina.com
The contents of this article may be copied, reproduced or freely distributed without the consent of the author provided the author's name, copyright notice and contact information are included.